A classic Bramble Cocktail is sharp and refreshing at any time of the year, but it especially perfect in the Autumn when the hedgerows groan with their plump harvest and the berries are full with their luscious juice. This is a favourite on the cocktail menu at The Foundry BrewPub – but do try it at home.
- 50ml Canterbury Blackcurrant & Honey Gin
- 25ml lemon juice
- ¾tbsp sugar syrup
- ice cubes
- crushed ice
- ¾tbsp Crème de Cassis or Crème de Mure
- 1 lemon slice and a blackberry to serve
How To Make It
- Shake the Canterbury Blackcurrant & Honey Gin, lemon juice and sugar syrup in a cocktail shaker with around 6-8 ice cubes then strain into a tumbler full of crushed ice. Gently drizzle the Crème de Mure over the top so it moves down into the drink.
- Garnish with the lemon slice and blackberry, if using.
- Autumn Fresh Fruit Bramble
This drink is one to make when the hedges are heavy with luscious fruit. Kick off by muddling 6 blackberries in a tumbler until they are smashed and bleeding. Add 50ml Canterbury Blackcurrant & Honey Gin, 25ml freshly squeezed lemon juice, 25ml sugar syrup and fill the glass two thirds full with crushed ice. Mix with a long-handled spoon. Top with more crushed ice, a garnish and paper straws.
- Bramble Royale
Glam-up your Bramble with a little fizz. Make the drink using one of the two versions above, but with less crushed ice, just about a third full leaving enough room for the fizz of your choice. Then top with 25-50ml of champagne / prosecco / cava, mix gently, add a bit more crushed ice, garnish and serve.